Thank you for your interest in applying for a University at
Buffalo School of Social Work scholarship. As a result of the
generous support of our donors and friends, the school is proud to
be able to offer scholarship opportunities to incoming and
Pending available funding, students currently enrolled in
the following programs are eligible to apply:
*Must be enrolled in MSW courses in the upcoming academic
The application is only available online. No paper
submission will be accepted.
Prior to logging on to the application process, please review
and prepare the following application requirements, as some of the
sections require thought and reflection.
- FAFSA Expected Family Contribution (EFC) Score. (*If eligible,
please file your 2016-2017 FAFSA prior to completing this
- Social Work-related (paid) employment history (past two years).
(limit = 500 characters)*
- Volunteer experience (past two years). (limit = 500
- Career goal. (limit = 500 characters)*
- Personal statement of need. (limit = 1500 characters)*
Personal statement of need includes, but is
not limited to:
- Description of unique challenges or obstacles overcome to
attend graduate school.
- In what ways receiving scholarship funds will assist you in
achieving your academic/career goals.
- Any additional information that would distinguish need.
*It is recommended that you prepare the above requirements in
a word processing program and then utilize the cut and paste
function to enter the information.
PLEASE NOTE: This is the ONLY application period for the
2016-2017 academic year. Scholarship awards will be granted for
Fall 2016-Spring 2017 only. Summer scholarship awards are no longer
If you have any questions or experience any difficulty with the
application process, please contact email@example.com.
If you are a current student applying for a scholarship, you may
Dana M. Horne
Assistant Dean for Student and Academic Affairs
Office: 683 Baldy Hall
New applicants to the School of Social Work may contact:
Assistant Dean for Admissions and Recruitment
Office: 672 Baldy Hall