The University at Buffalo is one of the United
States' most international universities and offers a
welcoming environment for students
from over 100 countries.
Your first step will be to apply to the UB School of Social
degree or PhD
As an international student, there are additional materials you
will need to provide with your application:
- Photocopy of your passport photo page
- Copy of your current I-20 and Visa (if currently studying in
the United States)
- International applicant financial form
- Bank documents showing funding for first year of academic
- English proficiency test scores (see details below)
If you are an international applicant
you must submit English Proficiency exam scores.
Any of the following will be accepted:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL),
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic score.
Applicants who are native speakers of
English and educated in the English medium
and citizens of the following countries may be exempt:
Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, and the
United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland).
The minimum accepted scores are:
- TOEFL iBT®: 90
- TOEFL CBT: 233
- TOEFL PBT: 577
- IELTS: 7.5
- PTE Academic: 61
The test must be dated no more than two years prior to the
semester start date.