|Monday, Sep. 27, 2021, 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.|
Register to attend our online CEU Workshop.
Social workers are held to standards of ethical practice and professional conduct. We are obligated to stay current in our understanding of the National Association of Social Workerâ€™s (NASW) Code of Ethics and to understand the expectation of professional conduct as outlined by our governing jurisdictions. In 2021, the NASW Code of Ethics saw changes to the areas of professional self-care, cultural competence, and the concept of cultural humility. This workshop, offered by two experts in ethics and professional discipline, will inform participants of these updates to the NASW Code of Ethics and processes involved in professional misconduct. Specifically, the process of professional discipline as outlined by the NYS Board of Regents in NYS will be explained. The presenters will address questions and provide resources in their areas of expertise.
1. Review the updates to the 2021 NASW Code of Ethics
2. Understand the implications of these updates on social work practice
3. Access resources for professional conduct
4. Identify the steps of the professional discipline process in New York State
Quiz and Evaluation:
1. To verify participation and acquisition of knowledge, this live online course requires completion of a multiple-choice course quiz with a passing score of 80% or better to receive the NY social work contact hours certificate.
2. In addition, the completion of a course evaluation is also required.
3. Instructions will be provided for how to access the quiz and evaluation.
4. Quizzes are due no later than 72 hours after the completion of the workshop.