The diverse community of our school is unified by
our vision of a better society achieved through the
generation and transmission of knowledge, promotion of social
justice and service to humanity.
In our teaching, research and service, we strive to:
- Educate future social workers who will lead the profession
regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Facilitate critical inquiry into and analysis of the causes and
consequences of social problems and injustice.
- Produce innovative, theoretically-based and empirically-sound
means of alleviating and rectifying such problems and injustices
through policy and practice.
- Provide professional leadership in resolving critical social,
economic and political challenges.
- Be responsive and responsible members of our university,
regional, national and global communities.
- Honor the inherent dignity, rights and strengths of all
individuals, families and communities.