1. The ethics and values of social work should be demonstrated through the policies, program design, and delivery of services of the agency.
2. The agency must be willing to support an educational focus for students providing social work experiences that will meet the learning objectives identified by the school.
3. The agency contact person is expected to complete the Agency Profile Form to provide a written description of the agency including types of student assignments available.
4. The agency must provide adequate space for the student.
5. The agency will provide professionals qualified to provide field instruction.
6. The agency will support field education staff time availability to provide a minimum of one hour per week of supervision, to attend field educator orientations, training and faculty liaison conferences.
1. The quality of the learning experience.
2. The quality of the communication between the agency and the school.
3. Program or personnel changes that would affect student learning.
4. School of Social Work curriculum changes that would affect student learning.
5. Field Educator attendance at field education training sessions/workshops.
Monitoring the quality of field education is an ongoing process that is accomplished via personal and telephone contact between the Field Education Department staff, faculty liaison, and the field educator. Students provide feedback to the Field Education Department through the Student Evaluation of Field Practicum Experience Form completed at the end of their placement experience. Additional meetings may be scheduled between agency and Field Education Department staff to address areas of concern and to evaluate the appropriateness of an agency to continue as a field site.