JD/MSW Application Process

In order to be a dual-degree student, you will need to submit two separate applications and be admitted to both the School of Social Work and the SUNY Buffalo Law School.

Before you get started

School of Social Work Application Process

Our application process is completely electronic. All documents should be submitted through the application portal. All application components (including recommendations) must be received by the deadline in order to be considered.

School of Law Application Process

You will be required to complete a separate law application through the Law School Admission Council and submit Law School Admission Test (LSAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.


Email us!

Felony Disclosure

If you have a previous felony or criminal conviction, please read our felony disclosure statement before applying. 

MSW Application Process [14:29 min]

MSW application process